Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats a good language to learn for beginners.
Software, eh? Well Python is definitely a great beginning language, however, I recommend Java. It teaches one great object oriented skills, automatically cleans up garbage, is full of functionality, and is cross-platform.

Programming software definitely requires a lot of learning and a significantly different mindset. Before you begin to actually program, however, you should learn the basics of programming. Here are a few questions that you should know the answers to.

-What is a variable? What does it do?
-What are functions? What do they do?
-What are the different types of variables?
-What are the different types of functions?

Then, once you feel confident that you know the basic backbone of programming, go ahead and dive into learning an actual language. Like I said, Java is a good starting point. Create something that you find cool, neat, or interesting. Don't copy someone else's idea! The best way to learn is to experiment.

For example, Say you've always wanted to convert pounds to grams in your head. Make a program that does it for you.

Want to experiment and find all the numbers between 500 and 700 that are divisible by 6? Make a program that does it for you.

Last but not least: If you have problems, before asking someone, try to solve them yourself. This will boost your confidence and allow you to learn even more than you already know. Don't be afraid to ask someone else! But be hesitant about it.
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Whats a good language to learn for beginners. - by brandonio21_phpbb3_import2 - 07-11-2012, 09:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What are some good books to learn Java? Chema 1 11,228 02-20-2013, 03:12 PM
Last Post: brandonio21