Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switching to Mac
My laptop has been having alot of problems lately and i think its time for me to buy a new one(soon). I want a mac because then i dont have to worry about viruses. I know vb only works on windows but i heard there was a way you could use windows programs on a mac. Does anybody know about that. If i dont buy a mac i will probably buy this laptop http://www.dell.com/ca/p/laptops?fc=alie...ViewByTabs . Which one should i buy.
For the sake of this post, I will refer to computers running Mac OS as "Macs" and computers running Windows as "PCs"

Well my friend has an Alienware M14x, and I have to say that it is fun. The keyboard changes colors to whatever you want it to and it can run almost all games he throws at it. However, it's all personal preference. Macs may not get many viruses, but there are still some out there. Macs are more office based, offering much more productivity than PCs. However, PCs allow you to play games, and offer VB support.

Yes, you are able to run most Windows programs in a Mac using software like WINE or Parallels, but if you are going to do that, why not simply get a Windows machine? Macs may, however, inspire you to switch to a different programming language such as C, Java, Python, or something more common.

Like I said, it's really all in personal preference. Macs are also a little more expensive as well. At this point, I would go with the Alienware. However, if you're not constantly moving the computer, you could build a much powerful tower-computer yourself.
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.
Yeah i really want a mac because i know it is pretty much impossible to get a virus on one. I am currently looking at the macbook air 13".Also a mac runs on ssd which i see as a huge advantage. (I am probably looking about 6 months ahead because i just blew all my money on a new dirt bike but i like to plan ahead.)
Well actually a Macbook Air uses "Flash Storage", but that's essentially Apple's version of a SSD. Macs do look nice and their operating system is solid, but do not be sold on the idea that they do not get viruses. In fact, very recently there have been a couple pretty big viruses known as the Flashback and MacDefender viruses (Big as in they infected 1% or more of all macs). If you are not careful, you can and will get viruses for the Mac.
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.