Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message System
Ah, alright. Well this can be done in a number of ways.
For the messaging system, you can simply create a new Table on a MySQL server that keeps track of Messages. Have fields such as From, To, etc...

When a user sends a message, set the from value to their username, and when a user logs in, if the to value is their username, they have a new message.

That is the basic premise behind it. Of course, it is alot more difficult to be put into code. Although, it does simply revolve around a series of MySQL Queries.

I will see if I can create a YouTube video giving away the details, or maybe even create a whole control off of this topic, as I think it would be widely popular.. I'll see what I can do.

As for the chat, the basic premise is pretty much the same, but it needs to be set on a timer! I have a 2 part video on my YouTube channel that gives a quick sample of how this can be done.. But if you are not confident with code, I advise you not to watch the video because it requires the code to be altered for the chat to actually work.

Once I get time (I am currently moving) I will write a bit of code that will allow you to message other users. If Xolara chimes in, I know he has a working code on hand, but I don't know how busy he is.

Sorry for the lack of code, but I am currently really busy! I hope this has helped just a bit!
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.

Messages In This Thread
Message System - by b_ongzhenyu - 10-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Re: Message System - by b_ongzhenyu - 10-19-2011, 07:19 AM
Re: Message System - by brandonio21_phpbb3_import2 - 10-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Re: Message System - by b_ongzhenyu - 10-20-2011, 04:51 AM
Re: Message System - by xolara - 10-25-2011, 11:22 PM