Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you make a register system in VB using Dropbox
I want to make a register system but can't seem to think of the code I made a login system so that's it downloads a string from Dropbox and compares the text from the text box and the text from the account text file but I can't seem to edit the account text file from VB to create an account or a register system hope this makes sense because its hard to do help me please
Well, if you currently have the system setup so it downloads one text file from your dropbox and compares those credentials, then you're going to have to make it so the program is capable of either:
1) Downloading multiple text files (each with its own set of credentials)
2) Downloading a single text file containing many credentials and deciphering the different credentials.

As far as uploading a file to Dropbox goes, this is not something that can be done easily unless the user has dropbox on their computer. If this were the case, dropbox would automatically upload any file put into its directory. Assuming this is not the case, however,
you may want to use a .NET Dropbox library (Or create one yourself if you're feeling adventurous) - A quick google search returned SharpBox. I don't know how it works but it looks like it would do the job. Take a look!
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/">http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/</a><!-- m -->

Hopefully this helped.
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.
Thanks but there is no other way to edit the text of a online text file in dropbox

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to make a GUI for a console/cmd application Cartman 2 11,576 10-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: brandonio21
  little help! working with system time jochen29 1 8,723 09-23-2012, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Vinwarez
  Help w/ my new operating system Gamester699 5 18,394 07-24-2012, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Vinwarez
  making a windows login system Bradley 3 12,891 05-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Last Post: brandonio21
  Plugin System? zmanalpha 2 10,972 12-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Last Post: zmanalpha