Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I set profile for a user???
Hello,
I watched all the brandonio's video tutorials on youtube..

I worked according to his video tutorials. And now I have some problem. I did every single user login,registration etc seeing brandonio's videos...now how can I set a profile for my user...

As for example when a user will log in and will get his profile..only his profile...he will not see other's profile...andhow can he set up his avater which will be connected with the database...profile will also retrieve info from db....

Please help me...

Thanks in advance.....
Anybody please help me.......
brandonio where are u?????
mnxford Wrote:I worked according to his video tutorials. And now I have some problem. I did every single user login,registration etc seeing brandonio's videos...now how can I set a profile for my user...
We are going to need more information to help you out! Are you connecting to a MySQL database? If so, this is relatively easy. You will just need to create a table called "profiles" or something like that with a few fields:
-ID
-username
-password
-firstName
-lastName

Then, when the user logs in with a specified username and password, just match it with those records and download the information from the firstName, lastName, and avatarURL fields - a profile.
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.
bro i am connecting to MySQL server...
and I have created the registration and login form same as you did in your tutorials....

But now how can I set that when a user will log in then it will only be able to see it's profile details and edit them from myprofile form....

And when this user will go to members form then the user will be able to see other's profile but cannot edit them..and each profile will have it's avatar. How can I make a picture box to get avatar from the link in the database and how users can set the link of avatar in their profile.

Please provide me this thing with code....
Thanks in advance bro.....
somebody please help me in this matter...

Brandonio bro where are u????
You can have another string within the database (Field) called "GROUP". There can be several types of groups, for example, "admin", "member", "nobody", etc.

Then, when you log in, just do something like this:
[code2=vbnet]Dim Group As String = "" 'GROUP from Database
If (Group.Equals("Admin")) Then
MakeEverythingVisible() 'Subroutine that unlocks everything
End If[/code2]

I cannot provide you with a specific solution, but instead must provide you with pseudocode since I don't know your exact situation.

You can also download pictures by using the
[code2=vbnet]My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile()[/code2]
subroutine.

Hopefully this helps!
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto-generating Drop Menus from User Input MadManMallard 2 11,838 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Last Post: brandonio21
  How do I check if a user has a certain role in their profile kismetgerald 4 15,445 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Last Post: kismetgerald
  Computer User vbcodegeek 6 20,892 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Last Post: openeXpressions