Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Collab Project? Maybe?
So, I've come up with the idea of making an all in one social media checker, so you don't have to have a tab for Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, MySpace(If anyone is still on it), you just open up Phoenix* and you'll have all your data, a universal post button to post it to all your accounts, support of RSS and maybe e-mail support. This may have been done before, but I still feel like trying it and seeing how well it may or may not catch on. I'm going to start programming a very simple beta release then upload it to a source control (Also, please inform me on which is the best and how to use it) and then we can start improving and making the next big program (Maybe... Probably not...)

*I'm no good at naming, so if anyone else has an idea... It's probably better than mine.
This is a decent idea! I was actually working on something like this with my professional development team, but the project was put on hold due to some inter-company problems that have still not been resolved. I look forward to seeing the BETA!

As far as source control goes, the new open source standard seems to be GIT. I haven't used it personally, but I'll check it out and report back with my findings.

Alright. I've looked at GIT, and it seems really nice. I've hosted the project already (without any actual working code) here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://github.com/brandonio21/PheonixSocialManagementSystem">https://github.com/brandonio21/PheonixS ... mentSystem</a><!-- m -->

You can download the GITHUB client for Windows, which makes things even easier. I am in love with this software already!
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.
Derek that's a pretty well idea.I tried to do something like that but i had a problem and i left the project.This is not very hard to do but we need to make an updater because the values form social media websites textboxes , button ids etc. are changing.
Code:
If Life.Text = "Live" Then
Happy.Visible = True
Else
Happy.Visible = False
End If
If u want i will help u with the project.
Code:
If Life.Text = "Live" Then
Happy.Visible = True
Else
Happy.Visible = False
End If
Unfortunately, it seems that the project has been abandoned, as Derek has been inactive for about 2 years. :/
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NetvOS project MjDev 6 21,001 06-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MjDev
  New Colab Project - HTML Editor brandonio21 13 38,973 12-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Last Post: anlo