Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Choosing Programming Language
Hey, I am a fan of Vb.Net. I used it since I was 13 years old and now I am 16. And now I want to move up. I want to know which will better for me Java Or C++. I bought the book both of them but now I can't choose which one to take. Please Help me choose one.
Support me by take tour to BPForums http://bit.ly/YTBCS1

Get More Views on youtubehttp://addm.cc/?WIZ01V
Well, as far as just Java and C++ go, there are advantages and disadvantages to both. I'll list the advantages to both (As far as my knowledge goes) here.

Java
-Garbage Collection is automatically handles
-Can run on most operating systems
-Can create applets that can be run in the webbrowser
-Easy syntax
-Dynamic libraries
-Huge internet communities; plenty of resources

C++
-Globally accepted language for game development
-Can run on most common operating systems
-Syntax is a tad harder than Java
-Huge internet communities; plenty of resources
-Gives the programmer complete control and access to everything.
-Fast.

I would personally recommend C++ if you are willing to dive right into the mainstream world of programming. However, if you still need to learn a thing or two, I would recommend going with Java. However, in the long run, it's all about which language you enjoy the most.
My Blog | My Setup | My Videos | Have a wonderful day.
Typically, one programming language isn't "better" than another, in the respect that they are sometimes used for different things. Thus, you will have to decide for yourself which to learn based on what you want. If you want portability and versatility, then I think that Java is the way to go. If you want speed and power, I think that C++ is the way to go. Java can run on virtually any operating system; this is because it runs on a virtual machine. Because it runs on a virtual machine, it typically runs slower than other programming languages. However, this might not matter to a lot of people because they might not need that extra speed because the software that they write doesn’t need it. For example: you probably wouldn’t want to write a video editing application in Java because this type of application requires a lot of speed and power. But if you wanted to write a word processor, it would be fine to write something like that in Java because it doesn’t require a lot of processing power.

To answer your original question, I would recommend that you learn Java. It is a really popular programming language, and there are a lot of people on this forum that can help you with it. Also, there are currently more jobs for Java than C++.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issue with Visual Basic Express Programming: Zantox 3 17,076 08-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Last Post: xolara
  PHP Programming... =D Duckman 4 15,575 03-18-2011, 10:29 AM
Last Post: Duckman